Students Modeling Interactive Leadership in Edgewood
3 Day Overnight Retreat
GEEF provides leadership programs to empower students with the skills
to make positive choices, gain self-confidence and learn skills that
are critical to their lifelong development. These programs can also
help youth understand how effective communication and peer support can
enhance group decision-making, the development of trust, and positive
Registration now open for current 6th - 9th grade students at Edgewood Middle School.
4th Annual Education Conference
FINDING YOUR FUTURE
September 24, 2011
• All day fun science program - for elementary students
• Create YOUR Goals for Learning Success, Harford County Public Schools
• Finding YOUR Money for College, APG Federal Credit Union
• YES, Colleges Want YOU!!!, Harford Community College
• Achieving YOUR Best SAT Score, Huntington Learning Center
• Finding Your Future: Read Your Crystal Ball - for high school students
• Charting YOUR Own Course - Edgewood High School NEW
• YOU Be the One Employers Want - Johnson Controls, Inc. NEW
- Social Media and Keeping YOUR Future Protected NEW
Check back for new workshop offerings!
Every elementary and middle school student who attends receive a free homework tool kit with books
Every high school student who attends receives a free USB Drive
Free breakfast and lunch for every attendee
Door prizes and raffles
to register for Education Conference
Last year, over
120 parents and students attended and found invaluable information that
supported strong learning strategies and college readiness tools.
Learn about Career Pathways
A parents role in supporting their child’s educational outcomes
is instrumental in their child’s high school and postsecondary success. This evening program will give parents
information Career Pathways, courses available at Edgewood High School,
the registration process and information about high school life. Parents and students from 8th to
12th grade are encouraged to attend.
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. 8th
grade presentation by EHS School Counselors on high school life, career
pathways and the registration process
6:30 – 7:00 p.m. 8th
– 12th grade business presentation by Johnson Controls who shares
the skills and expectations that HR departments are looking for in their
workforce and how it impacts your child’s planning for postsecondary success
7:00 – 8:00 p.m. 9th
– 12th grade presentation by EHS School Counselors on high school
life, career pathways and the registration process.
Snacks and beverages will be available
to RSVP. Please state name and how many will be attending.
We look forward to seeing you!